Paying attention to the food of the mothers who give birth to twins, people ask them to eat more. But it is not wise to increase weight by eating more during pregnancy.
During pregnancy, the pregnant mother is always asked to eat food according to two people. Similarly, when it comes to the mother who gives birth to twins, she is asked to eat a little more. At the same time, eating more can prove dangerous for mothers who give birth to twins. According to one study, too small weight or too much weight during twin pregnancies is linked to the death causes of delivery mum and baby. Having a deficient birth weight during pregnancy can cause premature birth, and babies who are overweight are removed from the mother’s abdomen by a caesarean operation.
During the pregnancy of 0-3 months- the mother should take 200 to 300 calories.
During 4-6 months of pregnancy – the mother should take 450-500 calories.
During 07-09 months of pregnancy – the mother should take 800-1000 calories.
The baby in the stomach does not matter one or two more because the calorie taken by the mother gets divided among the twins. Most of the mothers eat more dry fruits and greasy things during this period, which is not right for them. This increases their weight excessively, which can be dangerous for both. Pregnant women should consume maximum fruits, vegetables and milk and curd. Mothers giving birth to twins should take special care of their weight so that the weight does not decrease or increase too much. Women who give birth to twins can face problems like diabetes, preeclampsia and cesarean delivery due to increased weight.
Some similar research by the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has shown that women who give birth to twins have problems like diabetes, preeclampsia, and cesarean delivery. According to research, the risk of poor outcomes in twin pregnancy is high. Pregnancy of twins poses several risks and complications, which can sometimes be very dangerous for both mothers and toddlers. Let us tell you about these complications.
- Miscarriage – Sometimes in a twin pregnancy, the children are unable to survive until the completion of 9 months.
- Vanishing twin syndrome– It is a syndrome, due to which only one in two infants survives in a twin pregnancy.
- Pre-eclampsia – Due to preeclampsia, the mother’s blood pressure fluctuates, due to which there is a fear of rupture of the placenta.
- Postpartum bleeding inside the uterus – Due to the large size of the placenta and uterus in the pregnancy of twins, the mother is more likely to have bleeding inside the uterus which can also lead to the risk of life.
- Anaemia during the pregnancy of twins, the nutritional problems of the baby are increased, due to which the mother is at risk of anaemia.
- C-section Multiple pregnancies is very likely to have a C-section delivery. Even a slight disturbance in delivery can kill both mother and baby.
Precautions to be kept in multiple pregnancies
- Keep consuming high nutrients.
- Continue to check the health of your baby and mother.
- Women with twin pregnancies should have adequate bed rest.
- Keep taking nutritional supplements in the form of drugs and other hormones like corticosteroids for safe delivery.