Women living in villages and small towns use old clothes or non-toxic items during periods. Most of the women do not want to talk about their periods to anyone and this is the reason that during this time they do not pay attention to the importance of hygiene.
Most of the women do not want to talk about their periods to anyone and this is the reason that during this time, the importance of hygiene is not noticed. Many times it happens that we do not change napkins throughout the day. In some families, during this period, many kinds of restrictions are imposed on women, due to which the problem gets further aggravated.
Choose the right sanitation method
Today, there are many options like sanitary napkins, tampons and menstrual cups, which can help you take special care of cleanliness during periods. Most unmarried girls in India use sanitary napkins. If you are using a tampon, choose a tampon that has the lowest Absorption Rate. However, many women choose different products (tampons or sanitary napkins) according to the flow on different days of periods. But some women always use the same product of the same brand. By trying different products, you can decide which brand is the best product for you.
Change pads regularly
- During periods, the blood starts contaminating soon after it comes out of the body. The same happens on days where you don’t have much bleeding. Because your pad is wet and sweat from the genitals is likely to cause bacteria to thrive. When these bacteria stay in hot and wet places for a long time, they grow rapidly and can cause urinary infections, vaginal infections and skin rash.
- Normally a sanitary pad should be changed every six hours and if you are using a tampon, change it every two hours. Keep changing the sanitary product every four to eight hours, so that you can protect yourself from infection. There have been many cases where the sanitary napkin is completely wet – especially on low flow days – but you change it only after a set time.
- If you are using a tampon, change it frequently, as it can cause TSS or toxic shock syndrome in the vagina for a long time – this is a condition in which bacteria cause serious infections and body shock. Goes into Such a situation requires early treatment, as the patient may suffer serious complications or even death.
Wash your genitals regularly
During periods, the blood around your genitals clears, which can cause infection, so wash the genitals regularly. This will not cause bad odor from Vizaina either. Clean the genitals (outer part of the reproductive organs of women) thoroughly before changing the pad each time. If it is not possible to clean by washing, then clean the genitals with toilet paper or wet wipes.
Throw away used sanitary products correctly
Throw the used product correctly in the right place as it can cause infection. Wrap them before throwing, so that foul or infection does not spread. Do not flush the pad or tampon, as this may block the toilet. After throwing the napkin, wash your hands thoroughly and clean.
Adopt the correct wash method
To clean the genitals, clean the vagina from the vagina to the anus, that is, go from front to back. Never wash in the opposite direction. Washing in the reverse direction can cause bacteria present in the anus to enter the vagina and cause infection.
Avoid pad-caused rash
Periods are highly susceptible to pad rash during heavy flow. This usually happens when the pad remains wet for a long time and rubs off the skin. So keep yourself dry, change the pad regularly. If there is a rash, then take antiseptic appointments after bathing and before sleeping – this will cure the rash. If the rash is not cured even after applying an item, go to the doctor.
Take a shower regularly
Some women consider it necessary to have a bath during periods, although some women may feel that this is absurd advice. Even in some cultures it is believed that a woman should not take a bath during periods. In fact, this concept became popular because in earlier times women used to take bath in rivers or lakes, but in modern times it is not so. Bathing not only clears your body properly, but you can also wash and clean your private parts. It provides relief in back pain, cramps during menstruation, you get a good mood and you feel refreshed. If you have back pain or cramps due to the menstrual period, then pour lukewarm water on your stomach and back while taking bath, this will give you relief.
If you have to go outside, take important things with you
- If you have to go out during periods, keep extra sanitary napkins, towels or tampons in your bag. Store these in clean pouches or paper bags. Apart from this, keep paper tissue, towels, hand sanitizer, healthy snack and drinking water with you.
- It is important to change pads / tampons regularly, so you should have extra pads on the go. Store them in such a way that they do not get contaminated. Put them in a clean pouch and put them in the bag. Use a soft towel to wipe after washing hands. If you feel weak these days, then you should always carry a healthy snack. Also keep a water bottle with you so that you remain hydrated throughout the day.
Published on September 15, 2019 and Last Updated on November 29, 2019 by: Priyank Pandey