By seeing certain signs in children, again and again, it can be guessed earlier that their eyes are getting weak. Let us tell you what those signs are.
Cases of eye diseases and eye weakness in children are increasing rapidly due to the poor lifestyle. Nowadays, many children living in cities have eyeglasses before the age of 10 years. The reason for this is that some children have bad eating habits since the beginning and some lifestyle mistakes. By seeing certain habits in children, again and again, it can be guessed earlier that their eyes are getting weak. Let us tell you what those habits are.
Children’s eyes are fragile
The eyes are one of the most delicate organs of the body. Children’s eyes on it are more sensitive than adults because as children grow older, some necessary fine tissue is formed in their eyes. Therefore special care of the eyes is required in childhood. But sometimes due to bad habits, children start having problems related to the eyes, and we do not pay attention like – children repeatedly put their hands on the eyes, due to which there is an increase in the risk of eye infection. Sometimes these infections can prove to be very harmful to the eyes of growing children. Therefore, it is necessary to prevent and treat the problem immediately.
Most children have myopia
Cases of vision defects in children are increasing rapidly. Especially myopia, in which distant objects are not visible. According to experts, to prevent these problems, a regular eye examination is necessary for children, as well as the correct way of reading, natural light and less time spent on screen.
These symptoms are signs of eye problem in children
- Turning one eye or looking in another direction.
- Blink the eyes of children again and again, while watching TV or reading a book, keep mouthing your eyes.
- Not being able to see right or falling objects repeatedly with hands.
- Bringing things too close or tilting the head too much to see things.
- Headache without any reason, watery eyes, or visible twitch of an object.
- White marks appear in the eyes in the photo.
When is it important to examine children’s eyes
Usually, if the child is born in a good hospital, the doctor examines his eyes at birth. But still, you should get the eyes of the children checked from time to time.
- Get the eyes checked when the child starts going to school at the age of 3-4
- An eye examination is necessary once again at the age of 5
- If the child’s eyesight is fine, then every two years, eye examination of children is essential.
- If the child’s eyesight is weak, then eye examination is necessary every six months till the age of 14 years
- If the child has already worn eyeglasses or has fitted lenses, then eye examination should be done every two months.
How to keep children’s eyes safe
- Spend time in natural light.
- Use TV, computer, mobile and video games sparingly.
- Always keep in mind the correct distance (at least 30 cm) between the eye and the book/screen.
- Work in the right light.
Published on November 4, 2019 and Last Updated on November 4, 2019 by: Priyank Pandey